Friday, May 5, 2017

Week 11- Cards Variations(Part 2)

This week we were tasked to create another 3 images with 3 variations of each. After some consideration I decided to redo the direction I was going in and instead decided to do cards inspired by various planets that are from Star Trek. For the cards below I used Vulcan, Romulus, and Qo’nos as inspiration. These were the results.
Vulcan 1


Vulcan 2

Vulcan 3

Qo'nos 1

Qo'nos 2

Qo'nos 3

Earth 1

Earth 2

Earth 3
I created each one starting off with a black background that I then used the brush tool  to create random overlapping spots of color. I then used the Gaussian blur effect on the colors to create a blurred galaxy look. I then used the symbol sprayer and one of the snowflake symbols to create the stairs. I also used the symbol sizer to make them smaller. I used this to create the 3 different backgrounds and just copied them for each card. For the images themselves I used the eclipse tool to create the basic shape and then i used the pen tool to roughly trace photos of each planet. I wanted the land and water on the planets to look more organic than just being photo accurate. Then I used black crescents of varying size and opacity to create a shadowed effect 


No comments:

Post a Comment